Currently, it is not possible to import files to neoCatalog in the upload option when using a folder. Instead, neoCatalog offers you two options to import more than one design at once: Automatic Import in neoCatalog DropBox or Multiple file import (Server).
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Automatic Import in neoCatalog DropBox
neoCatalog offers a very practical option to import designs automatically from the hot folder Dropbox, which is located on the same server where your neoCatalog is. DropBox is generally used to accelerate certain workflows.
The DropBox communicates with the file system and output processing with neoCatalog. neoCatalog scans the contents of DropBox searching for changes or new files every minute to import or update the designs that are copied in the Dropbox folder in neoCatalog. Once this process is over, the files will be removed from the Dropbox.
Contact your Administrator to configure Dropbox's shared folder.
If you go to the neoCatalog folder in your server and click on it, you will access all its folders, being Dropbox one of those: /Library/WebServer/Documents/neoCatalog/DropBox
DropBox contains 2 subfolders: Designs and Photos. The designs folder is to import conventional (separated) designs, Photos folder is to import digital (photographic) designs.
- Multichannel files: PSD, PSB, TIFF, ZIP, and XCM
- Digital image files: JPEG, PNG, PSD, PSB, TIFF, and XCM
Multiple file import
One automated option that neoCatalog Server is offering is to import multiple files from connected folders. You can define the path to the folder and run the background task.
The folder must be local or mounted (alias) to the server where neoCatalog is installed.
Having privileges to enter neoCatalog administration, you will see the option 'Multiple file import' on the top menu. When selecting it, it will show the process and allows the creation of new import processes.
Follow the steps when creating a new process:
- Add the path of the local folder to where the files are stored (copy-paste path)
- Choose if you want to keep or delete the source files after the importation
- Select the design type of the source files
- Optionally, when working with Sections, here you can select the sections where all files of the path should import.
- When all points are defined, choose if you want to import (files will be imported immediately) or simulate (checking the source files) the import process.
When all points are defined, choose if you want to import (files will be imported immediately) or simulate (checking the source files) the import process.
After the import process run, you will see a process listed when clicking on the option 'Multiple file import'. In the process, you can view all processed source file results.