The program is equipped with an assistant for the generation of color charts, that is to say, color patches of very few color variations, which are defined by the user. The user will also be able to determine the number of squares to appear and the rank of colors between which the color chart will range.
Pressing the button for the generation of those color charts on the sidebar, the color chart window opens.
Those are ways to generate the patches:
- Variation of one: Starting from a determined color, it will carry out variations between patches of a certain percentage of color.
- 4 corner: Determining the four extreme colors of the angles of a rectangle, it will generate the patches through the variation of the color progressively from one angle to the other.
- Import: Importing from CSV and ICC files with the list of colors to print.
- Input LAB, CMYK and RGB:
The introduced color will be modified afterward by all the RIP color management -applying the selected profiles and all other specifications, so the same color transformations that would be applied to any design charged in the program will also be applicable.
- Output profile color space (RGB):
The introduced color will be the ICC profile color. This mode permits making color tables for special colors and replacing them with the output profile.
- Device colors:
The introduced color will be the direct output color which won't be modified by the color profiles. This mode permits making color tables for special colors (plain colors or fluorescent) in configured systems with special inks or multichannel.
- Perform density and ink usage adjustment: The option permits linearizing the special colors whenever there is a linearization curve for the special colors.
- Perform ink limit control: The option assures that the printing of the color palettes never exceeds the established limit value of the ink.
Color Charts of Variation of one
This chart option provides color variations of one color using color deviation and color steps.
- Deviation: It is the maximum percentage of variation of the generated colors with respect to the selected color. This variation will be carried out by modifying the four components of the color (CMYK).
- Steps per channel: Total number of patches to be generated per channel.
1. Clicking on the color patch, a color picker window opens to select the color by either introducing directly the value or pressing on the color selection box. Measuring colors is available for Input and Output options only. Clicking on the button 'Measure…' in the color picker a new dialog opens and gives you the possibility to select the spectrophotometer. Click on 'Read!' to start the measurement.
2. Your selected colors will be calculated and displayed in an arrangement of your patch size and separation. Click on 'Ok' and the chart will be loaded in the neoStampa document. The origin color reference is displayed in the right corner of the chart document.
3. When using ICC to generate color charts, the name of the profile will be shown in the chart.
Color Charts of 4 corners
For this option, introduce the patches of each of the corners. To introduce each color, press on the rectangle of the corresponding color. Next to the upper left patch, there are two selectors where you can introduce the number of vertical and horizontal patches. With > you can copy the color into the next field to create shades of colors easier.
1.) Clicking on the color patches one by one, a color picker window opens to select the color by either introducing directly the value or pressing on the color selection box. Measuring colors is available for Input and Output options only. Clicking on the button 'Measure…' in the color picker a new dialog opens and gives you the possibility to select the spectrophotometer.
2.) Your selected colors will be calculated and displayed in an arrangement of your patch size and separation. The color references is displayed in the right corner of the chart document. When using ICC to generate color charts, the name of the profile will be shown in the chart.
Color Charts of Import data
You can import colors or libraries that you already have using the browse (...) button from CSV, CGATS and ICC profiles.
Format specifications of the CSV
In order to import colors with DeviceN specifications, you need to create the CSV text file. The headers in the CSV are specified and must be followed.
column 1 for color CODE number
column 3-5 used for the RGB values
column 2 for the color name
Device CMKY levels in %