nT Masquerade is an Adobe® Photoshop® plug-in to make quick and easy channel separations of RGB images.
The following file formats are supported and compatible:
Let's take a look at the plugin interface to understand its key elements.
- Make, OK & Cancel - Once you've got a separation done, click 'OK' to save the modifications and return to Photoshop. With 'Cancel' you will go back to Photoshop without keeping the changes. 'Make' will generate the separation file and export it in Photoshop or in the background using the nT Job Queue Panel.
- List of color separations - On the left sidebar you can see all the color separations created. The color points in channel panels indicate the group color.
- Preferences - Preferences can be opened from the wheel button, which will be seen further on in this document.
- Channels - From here you can create, duplicate and delete separations.
- Values & Color - Shows the color RGB values, color and black separation in % of selected separation.
- Quality - Here you can select the separation type:
- High precision: Gives precision in detail separations
- Smooth separation: Gives smoother and more seamless gradient separations (limited to 15 channels)
- Export RGB - Options to export separation in different types
- Allow overprint - It allows separations with 2 colors overprint
- Separation options- From the tab, you can modify levels and adjust the color transparency hue
- Color - Opens color picker and searches for surrounding colors in the separation channel.
- Color selector - Pick the color to set the color (Mac: Shift + ⌘ Cmd + click, windows: Shift + Ctrl + Alt + click)
- Group - Option the join color separations in one group to be independent in the color mix with other channels
- Tolerance - The tolerance of color can be modified by increasing or lowering its value. By default, the value is 255.
- Plain ink - Convert separation in 100% grayscale
- Original Preview - This shows the preview of the original image.
- Separation Preview- This shows the preview of the separation image. The button with an arrow next to the zoom, on each preview window, displays yet more preview options:
- 'Color' you can preview the separation to original
- 'Delta-E' you can preview the parts that are not included in the separation (green=not separated)
- 'Grayscale' you can preview the channels.
- Zoom & Scale - The image and separation can be zoomed in with cmd ⌘+ Space and out with Alt + Space. To set to scale modus, at the bottom of the window are the values, which can be changed. With the hand-drag, you can move the image offset. The hand drag comes available with click and hold Space key.