This article applies to neoTextil versions 8.4 and later and neoStampa 9 and Delta.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Due to changes in network settings, the link between Print Server and QuickPrint panel may break. When this happens QuickPrint shows a connection error message.
Parallels Desktop is prone to change host names by adding -2 at the end of them, which makes Print Server URL different from the one that was correctly set up and thus connection fails.
To restore the connection click on the link shown as "here" in the error message in order to access the connection set-up dialog. Once there, enter the PrintServer URL like this, IP: port or hostname.local:port (192.168.1.2:49090, printerPC.local:49091...)
The port number used by a Print Server process is found by clicking on the Log button in the Configuration dialog, which is accessed by clicking on the cogwheel button in the main window.
1. Open the Configuration dialog from the wheel button:
2. Open the Log... window from the same dialog:
3. Next the WebAPI TCP port is the number:
If you should face network connection problems, open cmd in the PC where the Panel is installed and type ping with the IP of PC neoStampa station. It will show you if the IP is reachable or not. If you get time out, then the network connection on the nS is protected by Firewall.
1. Go to the neoStampa PC station and disable the Firewall for Public Network.
2. Once disabled, go back to the cmd of the PC Panel station and run a ping. It should show you the responding bytes: