In the Properties section, there is the Media Size branch. It gives options for media sizes and media decorations on the printout.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Media Size options
- Advanced parameters
Media Size options
Allows to select given standard sizes or to create new ones.
If the design exceeds the width or length of the page, the program will print them in as many parts as it is necessary.
- The option 'Printable sizes' allows entering the values for useful material measures for printing which are usually those provided by the printer or page measures that have to be subtracted from the margins of the printer itself. If you work with a bobbin, you can either set the length of the page or deactivate it, since the printer's limit is very high and it is unlikely to surpass it in one single printing operation.
- If we deactivate 'Media Length', this will indicate that we are working with reel and the remaining length is not important.
- If we activate 'Media Length', this will indicate that we are working with pages, and the 'Orientation' becomes activated to change the page's direction.
- The 'Media color' option becomes active when working with DTG print document types that allow setting the background color.
The physical margins of the printer will be shown, but it is possible to modify them in case we are interested in displacing the design with respect to the loaded paper.
When the design to be printed outsizes the width of the material, an automatic pagination is carried out, that is, the design is divided into two or more parts so that they are printed separately. Choose the exact area (Width and Length) that each design shares, in order to make an accurate assembly.
Control Bar Printing
In some printing systems, especially those with inks that tend to dry up if not used, it is a good idea to print a sidebar using all the colors, with Control Bar printing. In this way, even if a color is not used in an area of the design, we kind of force its use in each pass of the printhead.
Printed Length ruler
It will print indicators together with a ruler.
- In the case of working using a color job created with millimeters, centimeters, or meters, the indicator is the print size shown in 'meters'. If it is created in inches, feet, yards, or points; the indicator is 'yards'.
- In the case of working using a rapport job created with millimeters, centimeters, or meters, the indicator is the print size shown in 'meters'. If it is created in inches, feet, yards, or points; the indicator is 'yards'. Also, the number of copies is shown.
Print Statistics and Comments
The option comes in handy when you want the Printout information of a design to be seen when and what it is printed.
The distance between the image and text can be added in the field 'Sep' next to the button. For the text font color, you will be able you select the ink of your ink setup in the printer scheme to change the colors different than the default black.
The contents can be edited in a new dialog when clicking on 'Configure...'.
- From 'Text formatting' you can choose the font and font size of the text to print.
- In the section 'Selectable Data' you can select which information will be shown in the print, from a large list of options. Just tick the ones you need.
- In 'User Text' you will be able to write any text you wish. The editor allows the introduction of multi-line texts.
- The preview section shows how the information will look when printed.
- Text alignment and mirroring options can be applied.