Before starting to work with neoStampa, we have to select the printers we want to use with the program, set the type of connection and other advanced parameters.
1. Open the Printer Configuration window by clicking on File | Configure Printer… or though the icon at the top menu of the screen.
2. In the open window, the Add... and Remove... buttons allow you to introduce the printers you require in the list of installed printers, and to delete them if needed. By default, neoStampa is limited to 2 printers for each computer.
3. The 'Add...' button opens the drivers list, where you choose your printer brand and model. If your specific printer model is not on the list, please contact Tech Support and provide the printer information as well as your license number.
4. We can configure the type of connection used for each printer. To do this, select the printer from the list and then select the required type of connection in the Connectivity section. We can change the connection values (IP address, etc.) though the Options... button.
5. If various printers are installed, only one of them can be the default printer. This is the one that will always be used when the program starts and when a new document is opened. To change the default printer, place the mouse on it, right-click, and select Establish as default from the menu.
6. The Test… button on the lower part of the window lets us check the connection.
7. If we want to send our jobs directly to PrintServer from neoStampa, we can check the Use local PrintServer box and this option.
Connecting a computer to a printer may seem a simple thing to do, but there are many aspects to take into consideration, some of which are less than obvious. There are some alternative connecting methods that can be done if regular procedures fail.
The most common problems in badly implemented connections are:
- Data is sent so slowly that the printer halts after each pass, so the printer is very slow.
- The printer stops printing due to the bad connection, or it behaves oddly.
After selecting USB (Universal Serial Bus) on the Connection drop-menu, a new Settings menu will open. By clicking on Detect...>> we can see the USB devices connected to the computer and select the right one.
Some printers connected by USB require to install additional drivers provided by the vendors. Please consult the makers' website or Inedit Tech Support for the proper drivers.
This is the fastest and most secure connection for the transmission of data. We just have to input the IP Address and click on Test... if the connection is OK. Please be aware that, since the system has to support transmission of a lot of data, some printers require a high-capacity network compliant with Gigabit Ethernet to work properly.
This is a common connection. Click on Options and select the folder where we leave the processed files (usually a shared folder on the network) and the printer will load them automatically.
Some printer makers use their own controller programs between neoStampa and the printer. On these cases, we can use the NULL Connection and the information will automatically be sent to the controller.
Since the program is able to use the drivers of printers installed on Windows (SPOOLER), it is possible to connect to any printer, with any kind of connection supported by Windows, as for example FireWire.
|For more information, please consult neoStampa manual on our website.|
In case of doubt or for further information, please contact Inedit Techical Support.