Although the spectrophotometer is connected to the computer and properly set up on calibration Wizard menu, we get a warning that it's not connected to the computer.
We probably need to install the specific drivers of this spectrophotometer. We can check connection status by opening Windows Device Manager (right-click on Start icon and select Device Manager). The device should appear as connected but with a triangle warning icon as it's not properly installed.
Supported spectrophotometer drivers are readily available on neoStampa's folder, usually in c:/Program Files/neoStampa/required. We have different options to install:
- Use the executable file available in the folder. In the case of i1pro3, for example, is neoStampa/required/i1pro3/X-Rite_i1Pro3_i1iO3_Driver_v3.0.0.exe.
- Install from Device Manager, if we have it still open.
- Right-click on Unknown device and select Update driver.
- Select Browse my computer for driver software.
- Introduce the appropriate folder or click on Browse to reach it. In the case of i1pro3, the folder is C:\Program Files\Inedit\neoStampa 10\required\i1Pro3.
- Click on Next to finish installing the driver.
Once we finish, the device should appear on Windows Device Manager and work properly on calibration Wizard.