During the setup progress, a neoCatalog service restart is required several times to make the setup and configuration effective. There are two options to restart the neoCatalog service:
- Automated from a web browser via JavaMonitor that can be done remotely (A)
- Manual from the terminal on the server (B)
When neoCatalog Service stops the following message "Service Unavailable" will appear in your web browser:
(A) Restart neoCatalog Service from JavaMonitor
In order to (re)start neoCatalog, please follow the steps:
2. Next you will see the detailed instance of neoCatalog.
4. Now the application is stopped. To go back to the application details and see the running status, you will need to push Details View (up the page):
5. If quitting instance was successful, the status will be as OFF. To start the instance, push the green button in the column Start-Stop, which will restart the instance. The page automatically updates every 60 seconds. To speed up the Status push Refresh Now. If quitting the instance failed here, please restart neoCatalog via terminal, option B.
(B) Manual restart from Terminal
If the instance doesn't restart from JavaMonitor, please follow the steps.
cd /Library/LaunchDaemons/and confirm by pressing enter.
sudo launchctl unload org.projectwonder.womonitor.plist sudo launchctl unload org.projectwonder.wotaskd.plist sudo launchctl load org.projectwonder.womonitor.plist sudo launchctl load org.projectwonder.wotaskd.plist sudo apachectl restart
3. You can go to http://localhost/ and refresh the browser. After a few seconds, the application will start and neoCatalog is ready to use.