TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Output options
Before starting to work with Print Server, you will have to select the default printer scheme you wish to use with the application and set the type of connection, and other advanced parameters. Click on the configuration button on the top right to start with the configuration.
- On the Current driver field is the printer selected that is using the Print Server as the default printer queue. The change of the printer used by the Print Server is blocked. If you wish to add more printers and establish a connection to use the Print Server queue as the default one, click on the button '...' and in the next window, you can add or delete printers from neoStampa and configure the connection. We recommend restarting the neoStampa application to take effect the printer settings modifications.
- On the Default Schema field, you could have a default schema, or select it from the drop-down menu. Clicking on the button '...' you will access the printer schema manager of neoStampa, where you can see what options that schema is offering and structured.
- Split job pages option is to organize print jobs. This means that the program will manage the separation of the print jobs that come in multiple pages. Taking an example of a multiple print job, where page 1 is the rapport and page 2 is the secondary data, the given options would act as follow:
- No - ignores the multipage and rip as one page.
- For all jobs - splits all kinds of multipage in all jobs.
- Only for rapport jobs - splits multipage only for rapport jobs.
- Print rapport pages only - only rapport multipage in rapport jobs.
- Having the Keep finished jobs option selected, the program will save the jobs you have done in your computer.
From button '...' it allows selecting a specified folder for output job files.
- Select the language for the Print Server user interface The language selection is shared with neoStampa.
- In the default units section, you have the option of changing the units: centimeters, millimeters, meters, feet, pixels, inches, points, and yard.
- Having the column header sort enabled will enable you to order the information you enter for each job on the queue window.
- When enabling the scaling function you will have the option of applying a scaling rate to your prints. Once enabled, back to the Print Server queue in 'Job settings' you will have the field 'Scale' active to enter the value in %.
- Dropped file deletion is always enabled, but here you can decide if you want to keep or delete the dropped files in the printing queue.
The Engine Settings options are taken by default from the information on your computer. We suggest not modifying them unless you know well how they work.
The 'Columns…' button at the bottom will open the column selector with all data designations, that you can select individually, and order them using the arrows at the bottom.
The 'Log…' button opens the options for external connection.
- The WebAPI allows the client to remote control a printer, guaranteeing full access to the information and changing queue items by URL calls, which have different parameters that we will see below. Refer to the Print Server WebAPI documentation. In the 'Security token' field a specified token can be used or a random generated by Print Server using the button.
- Enable the option to use the local neoControl if you want to control the printers that are configured in neoStampa, with which you can organize job queues. It used the next free port but can be exchanged with a specified port.
- Enable 'Compute cost' to calculate printing costs. The icon next to the option opens neoControl. Working with neoControl you can show the neoControl connection status in the main window center-left indicated with red (offline) or green (online). Configuration connection of remote neoControl Server. By default, the program shows the configuration that you have set in your local neoControl.
- The notify URL is used to send print server notification links to the assigned URL in the given field. With 'Connections...' you can add register Register your URL for Webhooks when calling Print Server IP, for example:
Finally in this section, when you press Generate a desktop link will create direct access to the program, showing the name of the printer you have configured.
Before starting to prepare print jobs, you will have to make settings for print output options. Clicking on the printer button on the top-right of the main window opens a new dialog with some output options: position of Control bars, selection of Split mode for inks, and space between jobs.
- Printed Length ruler: It will print indicators together with a ruler.
- Bars position: In some printing systems, especially those with inks that tend to dry up if not used, it is a good idea to print a sidebar using all the colors, with a Control Bar printing. In this way, even if a color is not used in an area of the design, we kind of force its use in each pass of the printhead.
- Job list report: Having that option selected, it will print a list of all the jobs that are being printed together, showing all their information. You can also have the list printed automatically when ticking the check box.
Margin and space
- Margins: Here you can set the origin from the print job on top and left.
- Machine page space: The last option is to specify the space between the jobs in user-defined units.
This adds print statistics and comments that are required to work with Print Server layouts writing the variables. The option comes in handy when you want the Printout information of a particular design to be seen when it is printed. The contents can be selected in a new dialog when clicking on 'Statistics...'.
- From 'Text formatting' you can choose the font and font size of the text to print.
- In the section 'Selectable Data' you can select which information will be shown in the print, from a large list of options. Just tick the ones you need. In 'User Text' you will be able to write any text you wish. The editor allows the introduction of multi-line texts.
- The preview section shows what the information will look like when printed.
- Text alignment and mirroring options can be applied.